Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Friday, April 29, 2011

I Love Old People

I love old people. They can say things that younger people can't say and get away with it. People just smile and nod at them. It's like kids too. Old people and kids, they can be forgiven for saying anything.

Today, I was on a plane (for more on that click here). One of 3 flights today and there was a lady talking loudly on a cell phone as she is walking down the aisle. There was this older gentleman already in his seat. The line got held up by some idiot who could not figure how to pull his head out of his butt put his bag up in the overhead bin.  Jeez, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out...IT IS TOO BIG!

Where was I? Oh, this rude bitch lady was getting louder and getting on everyone's nerves. I was ready to punch her but that would mean putting my Kindle down and having to rise out of my seat. And punching isn't a good thing on a plane. Ok, I really would not have done it but I like to fantasize.

"Hey lady, you are yelling in my ear", the old guy says rather loudly.

Total silence.

She ends her call.

That is why I love old people. I think we all need to start to think like old people and act in the manner in which we wish others would act. That way we don't irritate others and as Rodney King would say...

"Can't we all just get along?"

And they wonder why there are so many people that don't want cell phones allowed on the plane. Good example of why I don't want it. This guy, I will refer to as Douche of the Day.

He was at MSP airport standing by one of the food courts on his Iphone (substitute for manhood?) just spewing about nothing but profanity and acting like a Trump wannabe. It was disgusting. Imagine sitting next to him on a plane for 2 hours. I would kill him and be sent to prison never to see my family again. So, what do I do? Walk past and exclaim...

"What a douche!"

He lost his train of thought and just looked at me. My job for mankind was done for today.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment