Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Friday, April 22, 2011

Massage Virgin No Longer

I had my first massage today. It was all I was expecting and more.

I went to the Elysium Salon and Dayspa and saw Devyn. She shook my hand (can we say death grip?!?!)  and I just knew it was going to be good. The smells were amazing. It smelled like I was walking through a garden on Maui!

The table was prewarmed, sheets were soft. Heaven. As she started kneading the knots out of my back, all I could think of is how much I wish I could be her client everyday!

For an hour, I had an amazing massage from head to toe. She found muscles that were balled up like little truffles, only not as sweet and got them to melt completely away as if they were indeed made of chocolate.

Ok, the only thing that would have made it better was if Devyn was some hot, muscular Matthew McConaughey look-alike. But then, my eyes were closed most of the time anyway, so it didn't really matter.

To say I am hooked is an understatement. I think I found my new addiction. There could be worse things to be addicted to. Like plastic surgery, drugs or alcohol. I am trying to convince my hubby that I need one monthly. Maybe I can convince my boss that it would be mutually beneficial to let me expense one each month. Call it Mental Health Assurance.

To top the day off, we went to Red Lobster for dinner. A bit of shopping, nails done, a massage, dinner out. What else could top of the day? Hmmmm....dessert.

3 comments:

  1. very cool!

    I just found your blog through Surfin Saturdays blog hop. Have a great weekend and Happy Easter!

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE massages! I get one every year when my Mom treats me! I also LOVE Red Lobster! A very good day indeed!

    Thanks for linkinng up to my blog hop! Please come by every weekend! Nice to meet you!

    http://tawnasplan.com

    Tawna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Amanda and Tawna for stopping by!

    I can't wait to have another one! I slept so sound I didn't hear my daughter come home last night and that NEVER happens!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete