Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Shoe Whore

Shoes...one of my addictions. I don't drink, I don't do drugs (unless we start qualifying caffeine) and I don't overeat, most of the time. The one thing I do do is shoes.

Flats, heels, boots, flip flops, athletic shoes...you name it, I covet them if they can cover my feet AND they look cute. It is a plus if they feel good too, but thats not a deal breaker.

I work with a gal, who will remain nameless, that I refer to as my Shoe Madame. She provides me with shoe websites to peruse so I can drool all over my keyboard. I tell my husband that the letters are worn off from my nails but in reality, its the drool. Gross, huh?

We all know about Zappos.com and Shoebuy and my other favorite, Amazon but this new one...it's like I have died and gone to heaven.Today, she fed my addiction with 6pm.com. She got this from the Shoe Pimp in the other cubicle...Seriously, this site makes me swoon. The clearance store especially!

Calvin Klein heels for $44.70? Yes please. Pink and Silver Betsey Johnson strappy heels for $65? Oh yes...Leopard print BeBe pumps $59.98?...please and thank you, may I have another? It's almost as good as sex. Almost!


It's a darn good thing that I have willpower or we would be in the poor house with my shoe purchases. I cleaned out my closet last year and parted ways with shoes that I grew tired of. I counted the pairs of black shoes...just black.

How many pairs of black shoes do you think I had? If you guessed 10, you would have been wrong. 15? Nope, still wrong. I had 23 pairs of black shoes.

The worst part of this shoe addiction is that I live in winter wonderland for 6 months of the year, work from home and don't have any places to wear fun shoes. Not that that stops me or anything but it does slow me down. So, I add to my boot collection and these are my favorites...got them for a steal on Ebay and I am truly sad that winter is over. They are FitFlop boots! LOVE THEM!

Yes, you can call me the shoe whore. I fully wear that crown with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment