Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Monday, April 18, 2011

Anyone Seen a Rat?


My son lost his rat today. If you ask him though, he would say he temporarily misplaced it.

I was not thrilled when he begged and pleaded for a rat. I swore that I would never touch the thing, clean it's cage or worry about it.

That lasted about a minute.

I still don't clean it's cage. But I do worry about it and let it run around, steal my food (!) and play with him. He is a fun little guy.

My son comes running into my office today. "Mom, I can't find Bullet!".
"Where did you have him last?"
"I had his cage open when I was on Skype and he must have climbed out."

So off we go to his room...calling for a rat. If you ever wondered, no, they don't come when they are called. Crinkling the spinach bag, no response.

Yelling at my son, still no response. Walking through the house crinkling food bags and nothing.

"Are you sure you didn't have him upstairs?" I ask him.
"I did earlier, but I brought him down."

I go into the upstairs living room and start going through the blankets. First blanket? No Bullet. Under the pillow? No Bullet. Look at the blanket folded on the back of the couch nicely (I know, wonders never cease!) and think, no way!

I start peeling the layers of the blankets. Layer one, no Bullet. Layer two, no Bullet. Layer three? BULLET! There you are! He looks at me with accusing eyes as if saying "You interrupted my nap!".

My son retrieves his rat as I lecture him about responsibility.

 I return to my office, and breathe a sigh of relief. Crisis averted. Until the next time, after all, my son IS a blonde.

BTW....for full disclosure. I am a blonde but my son exudes blondeness, but I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment