Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Birthdays~They make you feel old!

Birthdays...we all have them. But why is it that the numbers make us feel so darn old?

No, it's not my birthday today. It's my daughter's. She turns 19 at 4:27 pm today. Not 4:00, not midnight, but 4:27 PM...I need to stay feeling a little young for a little while longer, gimme a break!


Why is it that your kid's birthdays inevitably make you feel older than your own birthdays do?

With my daughter...it just reminds me of when I was 19, a size 0 (don't hate), just married (huh?) and still got carded if I went to buy a lottery ticket. And THAT, my friends, is what makes me feel old. It's the "I remember being that age and wish I could turn back time" wah story! Cher sings about it, if I could just find a way....those were the days...

How old am I? Don't you know to never ask a woman that question (insert eye-roll here)? No, I wasn't 16 when I had her; but neither did I follow in the footsteps of people that started their child-rearing in their 40's. Child-rearing...that word really belongs on the list of words society could do without...

I digressed...sorry, the Ritalin didn't start working yet, it's still early.

Anyway, I am only 42...and while I am not a size 0 anymore, I don't think I look too bad for my age but then again, I have been meaning to get to the eye doctor for some new glasses. I think I put that off because I am afraid to really see the details in the mirror...I mean, really...why can't I have that plastic surgery? Oh yeah, a little thing called MONEY. So if you want to donate to my plastic surgery...you can donate here.

So happy birthday to my dear daughter...thanks for making me feel old!

No comments:

Post a Comment