Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Yogurt Heaven

Disclaimer: this is not an ad. I did not receive any compensation in any form. I just love the stuff!

About 18 months ago, I was in on one of my health kick cycles. These cycles come and go based on where I am in life. A friend told me about Chobani Greek yogurt and how it had more protein than the other brands and how it tasted so much better.
Mid-morning snack
I normally notice new products on the grocery store shelves and I hadn't seen this brand before. So, I went on a mission. I looked high and low and could not find Chobani ANYWHERE! I tried the other Greek yogurts and just did not find one that I liked. They just tasted like a glorified version of the sickening sweet "normal" versions.

I kept looking and FINALLY! My favorite store started carrying it. After the failures of the others to live up to my tastes, I only bought one cup, in strawberry.

I could barely contain myself! (I know...over yogurt of all things!) The only reason I didn't open it in the car was because I didn't have a spoon and didn't feel like eating it with my fingers. DH would be very unhappy with a sticky steering wheel.

In great anticipation, I peeled the foil topping off and was met by a thick, creamy goodness. I plunged the spoon in to reveal the fruity bottom.

Round and round, I stirred it into a creamy, pink swirl.

The first taste? I would like to say that at that moment, I was hit with heavenly delights; but I wasn't. I found it interesting, tasty and good. Did I like it? Yes, I did. However, after years of eating what passes for yogurt now days, it was like an assault on my senses.

I closed my eyes and let it melt. It was yogurt the way I remembered it as a kid, so long ago. It was thick, creamy and had that yogurty tang that said you were eating something other than thickened sugared milk.

I was hooked.

Do I like every flavor? I would be lying if I said I did. I also haven't tried every flavor they offer because the stores around here don't carry all of the flavors and there are some flavors that I just don't like.

My favorites are:

  • Raspberry
  • Black Cherry
  • Strawberry
  • Blueberry
And now? So many people have discovered this little bit of heaven in a cup that there is a shortage. There are signs in all of my grocery stores and I have seen empty shelves. 

And cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment