Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Friday, April 8, 2011

Work at Home..What Part of Work Do you Not Get?

I work at home. Yes, I am a wife and mom and that work counts for a lot. But I also have to work for a living. this is where it is a bit of a dilemma.

I am extremely fortunate to have a job where I can roll out of bed, grab a cup of coffee and shuffle into my home office in my pajamas! Most days I love, love, love this arrangement. But there are THOSE days...

You know the ones where your hubby or kids think that the world revolves around them and their whims and just because you are present that you should just expect to wait on them? Working from home just adds to the number of those.

"Mom, can you bring me to school?"
"Honey, can you run and get this for me today?"
"Can you wash my clothes that I need for after school today"

Or worse...MOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM! From the other room when I am on the phone... THAT however, is another story, for another day....

UM...hello...I have a job that requires me to be available....

Take today for example. It is a Friday so my hubby has the day off. We are embarking on a slow update to the house. The current project is my home office. It has been painted (I did it all, btw) so his part is new flooring. If you work from a  home office full time you know how much SHTUFF accumulates around you...try being a techno-geek who works for a medical equipment manufacturer!


He is bored and wants to get started...can't wait until 4 when I get off...NO! Gotta do it now...So, despite my day going to the dogs...I grudgingly unplug my phone, two routers, computer, monitor, battery back up and removable drives and move to the dining room. OMG...it took 30 minutes to move it and get it all set back up again! Temporary insanity, because when he finishes the floor...it all has to go back! It only took me 10 years to get it just so....I know, I hear the whine in my voice too...
Current cable mess!


Don't get me wrong, I am happy that he is doing this for me...but did he have to do it today?

If you are a work at home mom...tell me what your pet peeve is....leave me comment. I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment