Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Words Society Could Do Without....

There are just some words that society could just do without....you know the ones that make you shudder every time you hear them? Some of the words that I could do without are horrible words and others are normal, everyday words that aren't offensive to anyone but me. Here are the normal (?) words I just can't stand....

Take the word "moist". Just say it slowly...mmm-oy-ssst! I just sounds, well...MOIST. Maybe its just the way people use it. 

"My jeans felt moist after I removed them from the dryer." 

Gag me! Just say they felt wet! DO-NOT-EVER-USE-MOIST-IN-A-SENTENCE unless you are talking about cake!

Another one I don't like is "panties". Can't you just say underwear? Panties is just so, so...YUCK. It's just something about it that sounds so wrong. I remember being a kid and my mom saying panties...

"Make sure you put on clean panties...". She would inevitably say that when we had a doctors appointment. Like the doctor ever looked at you and yelled because you didn't have clean "panties" on. 

UGH! Like I would put on dirty ones...well, maybe my son would but we would have bigger issues of he did!

Okay, there is one instance when it is okay to refer to "panties"....it's when you talk about VPL. The dreaded Visible Panty Lines! (Come back tomorrow for more on this topic!)

Another word? Supple...suuuup-pulll. It's like moist...who the heck ever uses the word supple in a sentence? Yes, they talk about leather with this term and really? What's so bad about saying it's soft? Okay, soft sometimes is not a great term when you are talking about CERTAIN things....(giggle) but for leather...trust me, it's ok!

What's even worse is if you hear moist and supple in the same sentence...it leads to instant upchuck...

What are some words that you just cringe when you hear? Let me know! I will add to my list.




2 comments:

  1. I have a word for you that I don't like!! FART!! FFFAAAAARRR-TTT....who comes up with these words..... just say pass gas and be done with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...fart was like a swear word growing up.maybe that's why I think it's soo funny...although now, in our house..fart is a funny "on the good word list" words!

    Thanks for stopping by in my world!

    ReplyDelete