Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's Day Memories

Ahhh, April Fool's Day. What a joke! You can stop rolling your eyes...it was corny, I know. Mother Nature brought a lovely present to us in Minnesota. Snow! This time of year I like to refer to it as White Shit. The only savings grace is that it doesn't smell like shit.
My morning view...YUCK!
Now that I have my morning cursing done, I can get on with the subject of April Fool's Day jokes. Kids LIVE for April Fool's day. Adults kind of just hope that nothing gets pulled on them...especially my hubby. I never planned for this joke but once I had the idea...I ran with it.

A few years back, the poor guy had to have a double hernia surgery. Because March is a non-fishing, non-hunting month, It was the perfect time because timing is everything! You know how men are? If they get a sniffle, they whine and cry like they are dying. Can you imagine a double hernia? Yup, I think you get the picture! He hadn't had his follow up yet when April 1 rolled around.

I was in my office at the local clinic and it struck me... I NEED, (yes, it was a need) to have someone call him and tell him that the mesh they used for his surgery was recalled! Oh boy....this is going to be fun! He had been complaining of a minor, pulling pain for a day or so...which I told him was normal for healing. Normally it was, but this tidbit was too good...I had to use it!

I had a coworker call him from her line and say she was from his doctors office. She told him that the mesh had been recalled but it was okay if he didn't have symptoms.

"Do you have any pulling-like pain?" asked the nurse.
"I do." says dear hubby.
"Oh...(hesitation in her voice)...well, we will need to see you ASAP as we need to do something about that. You need to call this number to schedule an appointment."

She gives him my direct dial number but he is so shaken up that he doesn't realize that it's mine! I am SOOOOOO bad! I giggle just thinking about it!

Ring, ring....I see that it is him. No, not all knowing, just caller ID! So I pick up the phone and answer it with his doctor's office greeting. His voice was shaky. I could hear the sweat dripping. Oh, man! I feel bad...I couldn't let it go on any further. That would have been torture! Give me credit, I am not THAT mean.

"Sorry dear, April Fool's Day!!!

Dead silence...and click! He hung up on me!

I was afraid to go home...very afraid! All is good, he finally forgave me, it took a while but it happened.

And I have never done another April Fool's Day joke to him again. Why? Well, as luck would have it...when he did go in for his follow up, they found that the mesh had slipped and was not doing what it was supposed to do. He ended up having to have his hernia repaired a second time. Ooops!

Happy April Fool's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment