Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Sunday, May 1, 2011

No Sleep for You!!

My husband has never had problems sleeping at night. He always made fun of me when I would have problems falling asleep or staying asleep. He would sleep through the baby crying, a storm brewing. You name it, he would sleep through it.

Not me. I never sleep through anything.

Now? I think he is going through manopause. Yes, you read that right...MANOPAUSE.

He is crankier than normal.Wakes up at 2:00 am for no reason and can't sleep. Is wanting a bigger garden. It's scaring me a bit. I wonder when he will tell me that he wants a sports car or something like that.

And I am silently gloating. Outward, I am being the good, understanding wife.

"I completely understand, honey. It sucks not being able to sleep."

As I hold myself back from saying.
"Suck it up. Pull up your big boy undies and get over it."

 I know, I am so wrong for being this way. But I still think it's funny as hell.

This is payback for all those nights I let him sleep when the kids were sick. For when I got up to feed the baby when he had to work a 12 hour shift. All the nights that I stayed awake to pick up the kids after a late dance or track meet. All the late night drives home from out of town soccer games BY MYSELF with the kids.

You know what they say....Paybacks are hell. And I am enjoying this. At least for now.

I hear my turn is coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment