Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Random Jury Duty Selection Process?

We received jury duty summons in the mail yesterday. Two of them! Thankfully neither of them are in my name.

(Insert evil laugh track here!)

My 19 year old daughter and husband were both selected "randomly" for jury duty for the same period of time. How random is that? I will admit, I was laughing my butt off when my daughter started wailing about it.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/scavenger/detail?entry_id=57304
"What do I know about jurying?" Yeah, jurying...I actually looked it up because I thought it was another made up word. It means to judge. Who knew? That, my friends, is your worthless tidbit of the day.

Statistically, this should be nearly impossible to have 2 of 3 eligible people in a household selected for jury duty during a given time. 66% of our household got the summons. How the heck can THAT be random? I am thinking someone was just being a smartass during the selection process. I can hear the conversation now:

"Hey, how funny would it be if two people in the same house got summoned?", says government worker one.

"OMG, dude! That would be epic!", says government summer intern.

In unison; "LET'S DO IT!!!"

At least that's how I picture it. I know, I know, it is a dumb computer program.

What is so funny about this whole scenario is that my DH has been called up 3 times for jury duty to my ZERO! Twice for the county and once for the Federal system. I know my time is coming and I just jinxed myself but I could just NOT write about this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment