Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Want a Farm-Vegans Beware

Yup. I want a farm.

Traveling through the great state of Wisconsin today, I passed all these wonderful farmhouses, barns and bright green fields. It makes me want a farm.

But I don't want everything that goes with a farm. The cow poop smell. The cow patties and chicken poop, no way. I don't like the smell, looks and work that it would take. We had chickens one year. Yeah, me with chickens. We fed them, watched them grow and then chopped their head off.

Then we ate them.

They were delicious. Try explaining to your 4 year old where the chickens were when she came home from daycare. It would have been ideal if we had been done doing the deed but we still had a couple left to "take care of"

Gotta love my daughter. She wanted to see how it was done. So, like all good teaching moments, we did not let this go to waste. She has been around hunting all her life so it wasn't weird to her. She was pretty enthralled by it.

Maybe this is why she has always said she wants to find a dead body. I am surprised her college path isn't going to forensics.

So, I want a farm. So I can have a barn and a farmhouse with a wraparound porch, with a swing. Have to have a swing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment