Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Get a Clue

Working with the public (not necessarily at large) you run into things that make you go WTH? (Trying to keep it PG13 here).

If you buy something that is supposed to work by doing A---->B---->C why do you complain when you don't do it that way and you do X---->Y---->Z? Then when it doesn't work or you totally mess it up...you expect people to rush in like the calvary to fix your screw up?!?!?

It's like being at the circus trying to clean up the elephant mess with 1 ply generic toilet paper with long finger nails! There are NOT enough rolls of toilet paper in the world for that type of mess!

Seriously when I was a consumer in a certain type of business I would have NEVER called into technical support and embarrass myself when I know I did something to really mess it up. Can you imagine this conversation?

Lady: "Oh my gosh, you have to help me."
MS: "What is the problem?"
Lady: "I was in my files on my computer and I accidentally deleted them."
MS: "Ok, have you gone into the Recycle Bin and tried to restore them?"
Lady: "Um, no...I think I cleaned the Recycle Bin out too."
MS: "You think you cleaned it out or did you really?"
Lady: "Well, if I did, you have to GET THEM BACK!! OMG my boss is going to kill me."
MS: "Which files did you delete?"
Lady: "Um...I did a control-shift-A and then hit delete when I was in the C drive. Now I can't even turn on my computer!!! You have to do SOMETHING!!!"
Lady: "Well ma'am, you will need to find your Operating System disk and reload. You wiped your computer clean."
Lady: "I don't know what you are talking about?!?!? JUST FIX IT!!!"
MS: "Sorry ma'am, if you can't locate the OS disk, there isn't much I can do."
Lady (crying hysterically now): "But you HAVE TO HELP!!!!!"
MS: "Ok, this is what you do...take your purse, go to Best Buy. Find the first salesperson in the computer section and BUY YOURSELF A NEW COMPUTER!"

Okay, they really wouldn't say that but that is what they are thinking. Seriously though...I wish you could buy clues at Walmart!

No comments:

Post a Comment