Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday, Monday

Yes, it is another Monday. It says so on the calendar. Even if I didn't have the calendar, I would have known it was Monday. How? Just by the way people are on Monday. It's like Monday gives people a right to be crabby...sorry, last time I checked, it wasn't in the constitution. But then again, there are a lot of things going on in the world that people call rights that aren't in the constitution...but I won't get political on you. HEY! I heard that sound of relief from all the way over here! Seriously, you DO NOT want to get me started on that topic...and I promise to stay away from it...at least most of the time (giggling to myself).

Monday wasn't all bad but why is it that we feel so tired on Mondays? Is it because we live for the weekends and work (play) ourselves to the point of exhaustion? Or is it that we just know what is heading our way? 5 days of sheer h-e double hockey sticks that the thought of it just wears us out? I am beginning to think that way.

Even if I start out wanting it to be good, it seems like there is one person who just sets out on the day with their mission being...ruining everyone else's day. You know the one...when you call them and ask how their weekend was and they start telling you how bad it was that little Johnny was puking, dear husband was PMS'ing, teen daughter was out drinking. Really? Was there anything good in the WHOLE WEEKEND? Don't get me wrong, I am just as guilty as the next person and I have to catch myself to try and be more positive. So, I do what we all should do, hang up on them. Did I just say that? Yes, but I was ONLY KIDDING!  I know, you feel like doing it, admit it. But we don't, we let them talk and we let our minds wander to our special place. It's what people do. Most of the time, even something bad in my weekend doesn't seem so bad by those standards.

So when people ask you how your day was...try to stick some positive things in there. Oh, and how about asking the other person how their weekend was? I know everyone has a pet peeve for Monday, what is yours? Leave a comment and you never know...I may run with your idea! p.s. I hope you like the pictures...I hope they put a smile on your face today!



No comments:

Post a Comment