Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Would you just move it?

As I have mentioned before, I live a few miles out in the country. No matter where I go, it takes 20-30 minutes to get there. Grocery store...20 minutes, to the mall to shop...20 minutes, pick up a sick kid from school...20 minutes. So every time I have to go somewhere I lose time in my life that I can never get back. Just think if you add 5 minutes on to every trip to town, there and back, how much time that is!!!! Jeez, I could spend that time doing more important things...sheesh.

For those of you who know me...or at least have gotten a glimpse into my life through my ramblings and rants, might have figured out by now that I am not the most patient in the world when it comes to slow drivers, okay slow anything! To make matters worse, I live in the tundra of Minnesota where we have snow or rumors of snow for 6 months out of the year. Yes, I AM cracked in the head for still living here, don't rub it in! But with snow, or heck even the POSSIBILITY of snow, some people simply CANNOT DRIVE in a reasonable manner. You may ask the following. "Reasonable? Whatever do you mean by reasonable driving?"

Well, let me tell you. Reasonable driving means the following...and if you can't do it...just move aside! Or in some cases, GET OFF THE ROAD!!!

  • In a 50 mph speed zone...can you at least TRY to get the speedometer up to 45, 50 would be nice but that might be asking you for things you just cannot accomplish. Any slower than that and our cars will be so close, they might have babies...just saying.
  •  Did you ever wonder why they painted that line to curve towards the side of the road??? Yeah, THAT one...its a turn lane...you use it to TURN so other cars can keep going! 
  • For those turns that don't have a turn lane, but also don't have a stop sign...don't stop before you turn. It may be hard but you CAN turn just by slowing down to a safe speed! Try it, you may like it.
  • When traveling down the interstate...the rules of the road dictate that slower drivers need to travel in the right lane. This is so faster drivers (like me) can pass you! In some states, they even have reminders along the side of the road to do this...if you can't read them, should you really be driving?
  • While we are on THAT subject...Most cars now have a great technological advancement called CRUISE CONTROL...it keeps your car at a steady speed. No more up and down, up and down in your speeds! You can finally get rid of that malady you thought was motion sickness! So, no, it wasn't the other cars who couldn't figure out their speed and kept passing you...it was you all along.
Now on to parking! I understand that sometimes, it's hard to see the line when it snows. But if there is just a dusting..--------> 

You can still see the lines well enough.....
This next one takes the proverbial cake. Now I get a tad bit miffed when someone can't park between two lines and takes up two spaces in a crowded parking lot...but how in the world can you not see that you have parked like a total idiot?  And that is the world according to me...at least for today!


No comments:

Post a Comment