Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Remember When?

As my kids get older, I think back on the time when they were younger and life seemed more simple. Hectic, but simple.

Remember when:

  • the question of "why" was simply answered "because I said so"?
  • you didn't like their friends, it was as easy as not allowing them to see them?
  • they didn't want to eat something, you could still get them to taste it?
  • you could pick out the clothes they wore without "aww mom...that's so not cool"?
  • you could still surprise them at Christmas? 
  • Christmas was still cheap?
  • your birthday cakes didn't have to be amazing looking, just that you made it was good enough?
  • "can I have an allowance" meant not cleaning out your wallet?
  • play jeans only cost $15?

Granted, there are things that I do like now that my kids are older and I plan on taking full advantage of them as much as I can.

Things to look forward to as your kids get older:

  • date nights no longer need to be planned out like a full scale military exercise.
  • you don't have to budget for babysitters for those date nights, you can get that rib-eye instead of the chopped steak.
  • Run out of milk? Text the teen driver and ask them to stop on the way home. (Of course with the no texting rules in place!!)
  • younger son needs a ride to soccer practice, the ski hill, a friends house...oh number one daughter.. for the price of the car...YOU WILL CHAUFFEUR HIM AROUND!
  • Birthday presents can be cash! I know, that was a 'remember when' moment too...catch 22, what can I say?
I love my kids and I wish the time wouldn't have gone so fast but I would not trade it for anything in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment