Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Barking dogs and screaming kids...

I live out in the woods you see...(do you hear the refrains of Hank Williams? ME TOO!) I live out here for the peace quiet and serenity. I had that for several years. Then the neighbors got a dog. A cute, cuddly canine that runs around the yard and barks at everything. I mean EVERYTHING! That bird flying by? Arf-arf-arf-arf! The butterfly in my yard?  Arf-arf-arf-arf! I can understand some of the barking but when it goes on and on and on like John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, his name is my name toooooo...(thank God you can't hear me sing, I am so pitchy) Oh, sorry. Back to the barking dog...There are some days that he will start at 6:30 in the morning! Winter is bad but I am dreading the whole summer, let's open the window weather,it means it will get even more irritating. The worst part is that the owners are clueless. I once called them at 6:20 am to ask them to SHUT HIM UP!!! In a very nice way only to hear the whiny voice "we don't know what to do with him". Um, I have an idea...how about BRINGING HIM INSIDE? Silly me, that must have been hard to figure out...glad I could help.
Thanks freepixel.com!

Not only do I have dogs to worry about, but a couple of years back our neighbors built a new house and moved. We were anxious to see if we were going to get some good neighbors...well, that was a crap shoot and we knew it. Did we get good neighbors? Well, if you count the fact that they don't associate with the "worldly" heathens that we are...then yes. If you count the kids in their yard...let me see 1..2..3..4..8..12..15...YES!!!! 15!! Then no, not good neighbors. Seriously...I gotta give them kudos for popping that many out and being able to deal with that. Heck, I have 2 that are older and spread apart and feel like I am crazy half the time. So, when neighbor mommy gets tired of listening to the little angels, she does what every other mom would do...sends them outside to share the musical musings of those little darlings (can you hear my teeth grinding as I say that?) crying because they are picking on each other. It is amazing how the sounds just float on a breeze right into my office.

Honey....you know that secluded island getaway up North? Can we leave tomorrow? For good?

No comments:

Post a Comment