Pages

Vote and Follow

Follow MsTravelTina on Twitter

Monday, May 2, 2011

Is it 5 O'Clock Already?

I work at home. My office is right across from my bedroom. My mommy day starts when my I hear my son start the shower at 6:15 am. My work day starts at 7 am.

We live out in the country with a well so that means that we have to "space" our showers out. And my son love's a long shower, and my daughter will be up soon. So what this means is that when I schlep myself and my coffee into my office at 6:45 am, I am usually still in my pj's. 

Some days I stay in my pj's all day. It all depends. Sometimes I will shower about noon or 3:00. Whenever the phone quiets down. Somedays, I don't get to shower at all. 

I know, TMI.

The days I shower. Or not. I might get lucky and get my hair done and makeup on right away. But I have never been lucky. Like today.

These are the days that I am thankful that my desk is situated so I can look out the window and see my hubby's truck coming. 

"Damn, it's 5:00!"

I run into the bathroom and quick as can be smear on some makeup and try to do something with my hair. All before he gets parked, gets his lunch cooler out of the truck and as I am hoping he has to put out corn for the ducks and deer that visit our yard. Just to give me a minute or more extra. And I need it. I have fine, thick straight, layered hair that looks pretty good after using a blow dryer and a round brush. Airdry? Flat and nasty. Ponytail time! Which is hard because I am growing out what was an awesome inverted bob that I loved until everyone else got it. The ONE time I do something before everyone else...everyone ends up with it, completely ruining it.

Anyway....

You are probably thinking, why would you bother? It's 5:00?!?!!?

I blame it on my mom. She was always one who "put on her face" EVERY morning whether she went out of the house or not. I miss her. But I think it all started with her.

Sorry, it's my undiagnosed ADHD....

I also blame it on the comments I have heard from husbands, boyfriends, friends about women they know. 

"She really let herself go after she popped that last monster cutie-pie out."
"She never puts make-up on anymore. She doesn't seem to care about herself."
"Did she just freaking roll out of bed?!?!!?"

Do I do it for my hubby? Mostly, but I also do it for me. If I don't want to look at myself, why would anyone else? He loves me no matter what but I like to look good when he gets home. I know, June Cleaverish.

Am I the only one who does this? Please tell me that I am normal.



No comments:

Post a Comment